How Invisalign WorksDuring a consultation with your Invisalign specialist or another orthodontist, you will be able to determine whether Invisalign treatment is right for your case. The typical steps include:
- Taking photos, digital scans, and X-rays, or dental impression to assist in formulating a treatment plan that can address your teeth straightening problem with precision.
- Developing a personalized treatment prescription that will be used together with the records – in the above step to create a customized 3D treatment plan for your specific problem. Using Align Technology, you and your specialist can view the expected final position of your teeth at the completion of the treatment. This custom-treatment plan will then be used to develop your series of personalized aligners and will determine the duration of your treatment.
- Fabricating your customized aligners and delivering them to your orthodontist’s office to initiate the treatment.
- Visiting your orthodontist so you can be provided with a series of your custom-made aligners (either 3 or 4 sets) that you can change yourself every 2 weeks.
- Visiting your orthodontist every 6-8 weeks to receive the next sets of aligners in the series. These visits are also important to monitor the progress of your treatment.
- Wearing retainers after completing your Invisalign treatment to help maintain the new position of your teeth.