Are you a busy teen who wants to enjoy straighter teeth without wearing traditional braces?
Then our Invisalign Teen options might be the right choice for you!
With Invisalign teen, you can enjoy:
- Clear, removable aligners that no one else will notice
- The freedom to eat all of your favorite foods
- Easier maintenance and oral hygiene
- Shorter follow-up appointments
- A comfortable treatment that is free of brackets or wires
Invisalign Teen vs Invisalign Adults
Invisalign Teen is the same as Invisalign adult except for 3 things:
1. Invisalign Teen has small blue dots on each aligner and they fade after about 2 weeks of wear.
Now we know that teenagers are not always that compliant, so if the aligner spends more time in the hockey bag than in the mouth, then 2 weeks will soon come and go and the movements will not have been completed.
So teenagers can wear the aligners part-time ( but not recommended ) until the blue dots fade.
2. Invisalign Teen can be done on teenagers who may have some baby teeth present. There are spaces left in the aligners for when the adult teeth erupt through.
3. Invisalign Teen allows parents to order replacement aligners for when their child may lose an aligner. Our most mature Invisalign patient was just 80 years young! Choosing to straighten your smile as an adult can have many dental health benefits. Crowded, crooked teeth are much more likely to lead to problems like:
- Increased rates of tooth decay (cavities)
- Periodontal disease and tooth loss
- TMJ disorders
- Premature tooth wear
- Fractured or broken dental restorations
If you’ve invested in your teen smile’s appearance or are trying to improve their oral hygiene, then investing in our invisalign teen options can be a great way to take your smile a step further.
What to Expect from Your Treatment
Invisalign Teen use a series of clear, removable alignment trays. We recommend wearing your aligners for 20+ hours a day, removing them only during meals or for oral hygiene purposes. After two weeks, your teen will progress to the next set of aligners in your treatment.
Every month or two, you’ll stop by our Vista dental office to pick up your new sets of trays. There are usually no adjustments, so the process goes by very quickly. We even offer evening appointment hours so that you can stop by after work with your teen. Most of our patients complete their treatment in just 12-24 months. Schedule a complimentary consultation with us today to find out more!
Learn about our Early orthodontic treatment.